- I struggle at writing. It has always been a struggle. Lets just say good prose is not my strong point.
- However, I excel at creating although I am not overly creative. Years of art lessons taught me how to mix colors but I still can't draw a recognizable stick figure, it's sad really.
- Pregnancy changed my sense of smell and 14 years later, the olfactory sense is still working overtime.
- I love how scent can trigger a long forgotten memory.
- I think there is nothing more indulgent than a hot shower, a fragrant bar of soap, a scrubby, a mug of shaving soap, a shaving brush, a sharp razor and sugar scrub!! (only to be followed up with lighter than air body butter, pretty smelling body oil and a fluffy bathrobe)
- My husband said my hobbies were boring. I threaten to wash his mouth out with soap frequently >;)
I'm Jenn, the creative mind, founder, chief, cook and bottle washer here at Solitude Soapworks. We and by we, I mean I, formulate, create, and manufacture small batch bath and body products. I am an executive by day and soapmaker the rest of the time. Working from home has its perks.
I fell in love with soapmaking with the very first batch I ever made. It's hard to describe, a religious experience probably comes close though. Soapers are known for being extremely passionate about their craft and I absolutely LOVE what I do. I still marvel at the process that occurs when you introduce an alkali to a fat and it turns into a salt... It's magic I tell ya!
My goal is for my customers to find joy in the mundane, to give them, perhaps, a trip down memory lane, or relief from problematic skin or just an amazing, bathing experience, with a decadent bar of soap that serves its intended purpose.. it cleans.